July 25, 2014

[TRANS] Instyle 2014 August Issue - Taecyeon






caption: "Only for today, I want to be a boy rather than a real man~"


caption: "Totally hooked by Taecyeon's sparkling eyes!"


MAN OF STYLE Taecyeon

Although it’s not certain what the best aptitude he fits the best, the area he’s challenging—singing and acting, business, etc—are all interesting fields. He’s giving his best despite the lack of sleep as result.
Taecyeon who is a member of Beastly Idol 2PM with overflowing masculinity, naturally excels as a naive man, Kang Donghee in the drama <Wonderful Days>
With the passion and desire burning his youth, there seems to be no limit to him as an entertainer.
    


Recently, instead of group name “2PM”, you’re often called with a different name.

“I was once walking to leave after finishing <Wonderful Days> filming in Kyeongju when people shouted ‘a celebrity!’ so I turned around and while saying ‘The twins’ dad!’ they were glad to meet me.
I felt the greatness of a weekend drama all over again.

He, a mid 20’s ‘Youthful Idol’, being naturally called ‘The twins’ dad’ comes from his firmness in piling a stack of his acting skills.
Starting from his debut in <Cinderella’s Sister>, highschool drama <Dream High>, ghost-mellow <Who are You>, until the movie <Marriage Blue>.
A result of challenging each steps one by one after removing his hot idol
badge.


Not just that, Taecyeon is a model student who spares no investment for himself regarding his studies and personal business.

“Although I want to have a big escape (from daily life) for once, I won’t likely to even dream about it if I’m not working, so I’m managing happily now.”

said him, from whom one can learn.



July passes unnoticedly. How was Taecyeon’s 2014 first half year?

In retrospect, I was striving for the drama <Wonderful Days> throughout the first half year. As a member of 2PM, I proceeded with Arena Tour in 5 cities of Japan.
I’ve gone back and forth to Japan while filming for the drama for several times already, but it’s my first time that the drama is longer than the tour.


You received attentions through your sly Kyeongsang-do dialect during your debut in <Cinderella’s Sister>, and now you’re well received with your dialect act in current drama as well, aren’t you.

I ever lived in Busan when I was little. Before the drama filming started, I went to travel in Busan for about a week to practice my dialect once again.
Because the intonation of dialect that is used by the elders is stronger than I thought, I found it hard to follow, so I tried to change it with a bit natural intonation.
‘Acting teacher’ (Ryu) Seungsoo hyung also takes care of me a lot during the filming.



In the drama, Donghee has two mothers and he is a character that can’t act a role of a father properly to his twins, right. I think you must have been worrying while acting.

He is a role with various sides. He has to show a dignified side as a father to his kids, and yet he can’t even be acknowledged as a son.
While he’s thankful for Yoon Yeojung, the mother who raised him, he’s depressed when Choi Hwajung, the mother who gave birth to him, got mistreated.
I have a lot of thoughts each time we’re going to film and it’s indeed hard to act.


For that, don’t you hear many sayings that your acting improves a lot recently.

It is because the seniors take care of me a lot while saying ‘This part is good’ or ‘This part will get better if you fix it’.
I think I’m improving a bit, thanks to them.
Before the filming, Yoon Yeojung teacher and Choi Hwajung noona always call me over first to try matching our lines.
By doing that, I’m able to grasp their reaction beforehand, and I’m getting to know either about how to act or how to go out of the script a bit.


Although Lee Seojin and Ryu Seungsoo are your older brothers in the drama, both of them has ‘a character’ in variety field.

The waiting time really flies quickly when we’re together. Until the extent of the people around us said ‘The 3 ahjummas (aunties) have gathered. If we’re combined with (Kim) Kwangkyu hyung, it will be really... (everyone bursted out laughing)
The four of us often went out drinking together recently, and thanks to that I’m gaining a lot of unique experiences. Because even Kwangkyu hyung is the oldest out of us, Seojin hyung is the one that always attacks.
Because Seungsoo hyung is the intellectual one, we admire him and say ‘leader-nim!’ when he recites the knowledge he has.


How is your usual fashion style

It has gotten fashionable compared than before. Because I had mostly been wearing bright-colored-sportswear earlier.
After that, people around me consistently said to me, ‘You look the best with t-shirt and jeans’ so recently I try to dress as simple and convenient as possible.


In the drama, there was a scene where you reprimanded your opposite role, Mari (Elijah) by saying ‘Are you wearing a skirt or a handkerchief?’, but are you actually conservative type when dating?

I can’t say that I’m entirely not conservative but I won’t go until the extent of reprimanding (my girlfriend) for wearing mini skirt. But of course, I won’t be pleased with my girlfriend’s sexy attire either.
When it comes to dating, I think it may change depending on the girl, I heard many sayings of being considerate.
That’s why there are also parts that I actually find awkward to act with the dating style in the this drama.
Because my personality is a bit different from a Kyeonsang-do man’s characteristical bluntness and sneakiness in taking care of his girlfriend.


Recently, what kind of a person is your ideal type.

I think now is the time to let go Ha Jiwon noona—whom I’ve always mentioned before. (laughs)
The most important is a woman who is not a picky-eater.
Because there have to be various options when choosing a restaurant! I’m the style who likes to eat and have a strong mentality to try things.


You’re majoring in International Studies at Korea University, aren’t you?

I’ve only been studying for one semester and now I’m on a temporary absence.
When I was in the first semester, I mostly translated the english papers and I think it’s fun because I feel like reviewing the materials I studied when I attended school in the U.S.
As I also made a lot of friends, I went with them to 고연전 (a friendly match between Korea University and Yonsei University) last year. I also saw <Infinity Challenge> hyungs cheering from afar.


You’re a worldwide idol though, don’t you think you’re not too careful about the eyes of people around you? (laughs)  

They don’t really know me because there are many foreigners since we’re in International Studies. Even when they know, they only respond ‘You’re 2PM? Oh I see.”
Instead, they mistreated me like when we go drinking, they say “Aren’t you a celebrity? But why does no one recognize you?”
A French friend whom I happened to meet at the university called me to see a football match (France vs Germany in Brazil World Cup quarter-finals) at dawn today in Itaewon, I’m contemplating whether I should go or not after this interview ends.


So, wine for today?

What are you saying! We’ll be drinking either soju+beer or rice wine. Because we drink liquor a lot each time we meet, I’m a bit scared to join the gathering.

You’re really living as an exemplary celebrity. Is there a moment when you think about escaping from your daily life?

Sometimes I also want to escape. A month earlier, I went to Kyoto alone since I was free from schedule for 2 days.


Like when you took a part of Vatican Tour alone? (laughs)

The unfortunate thing when I went to Vatican was, my handphone didn't have self-camera feature so it was hard to take a picture of myself.
Now that I’ve changed my phone, I took selcas well.
(While showing the background picture of his phone) The tourists wanted to take a picture with me so I told them, “I’ll take a picture with you but please take a picture of me alone” and that’s how I got this picture.


What do you think will be your happiness rate/score?

98 out of 100. My family and the members are all healthy, and my personal character business is also doing well.
I’m also stably managing everything of my work so I have no more to worry about. And I will have to live while trying to gain the rest 2 points.


You achieved many things as a celebrity at such a young age, a goal you want to achieve in your 30s?

Won’t having a family be the most important goal. While I get greedy and burned with passions on many things in my 20s,
I hope to be able to rest with a relaxed state in my 30s. Now I will be working hard to establish a solid foundation for that. (laughs)



Romantic Icon 

A crush, a triangle love, a throbbing mellow... even when his love story is different for every workpiece he’s cast in, he’s forever a ‘Romantic Icon’


<Cinderella’s Sister>, 2010

“It was a role who has crush on Geunyoung noona. It was my first time being cast in a drama, I think I really had a crush on her while acting.
She really took care of me and I was sincerely thankful that she gave a lot of considerations for me to show the emotions well.”


<Dream High>, 2011

“In the beginning, Suzy said she liked me but she started to open up for Kim Seohyun little by little. Especially in the drama my love line with Suzy cooled down after I became a celebrity, I think I couldn’t surpress the burning feeling in my stomach every time they (Suzy and KSH) declared their love for each other as scripted. (laughs)”


<Who Are You>, 2013

“Because the rival lover, Jaewook hyung was set to be dead from the beginning, I was looking forward to it as I think ‘I’ll definitely have a love story for this!’
But turned out, I felt like Jaewook hyung was alive! Fortunately, I got to be So E-hyun noona in the end so I felt good.”   



WHAT WOMEN SAY

Is there a female actress who is not impressed by the caring and passionate ‘Manner Guy’ Taecyeon? Words from the female fans (?) who are watching him from a close distance.


Moon Geunyoung <Cinderella’s Sister >

“Honestly I was worried because he was an idol but he worked really hard and showed a gentle personality at the filming site so it was really good throughout the filming.
He is much better of an actor than I thought.”


So E-Hyun <Who Are You>

“I remembered the kiss scene with Taecyeon on the first day of filming when we’re still awkward. Thanks to that filming we’re able to immediately get a long.
If I were to say, Taecyeon is ‘a real man’ style.”



SPOTTED!

Taecyeon who relaxed into his heart’s content during the filming. He let out a limitless expressions with aegyo that can’t be frequently seen, making the female staffs enjoy it as well.
When we’re having photoshoot in front of the studio, he was kindly explaining that Minjun’s house is around the neighborhood when he held his side at the surprise meeting with Minjun who’s on his way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment