July 15, 2016

[TRANS] anan August Issue - Junho




"For last year's album, I filmed the music video in Hawaii because I wanted people to see the freshness of summer. This time, I want to them to feel freedom and speed of summer by listening. I recommend the song as BGM during a drive or workout.

You were drained mentally and physically, though?

"I questioned why I didn't have ten bodies, why I wasn't a prodigy, But I guess you have to stand at the edge of the cliff to make music with 'descended' melody. That kind of intuition helps me a lot especially this time."

Surprisingly, you've only had your first unit with Jun. K now.

"Since I started [working on HYPER], I had wanted to make it into an exciting and upbeat song. I thought there would be no person other than Jun. K who can digest this kind of hyper song. So I asked him and he said 'okay' right away. Jun. K even showed a cool performance beyond my imagination during the recording. Thanks to him, the song came out as the best one.

So the line "No Music No Life" in "DSMN" reflects yourself?

"Rather than saying I can't live without music, I think it's best to say that I do nothing other than music and acting (laughs). But putting it that way makes me sound like a priest. I also enjoy living alone or changing the design of my room. My only hobby is to take pictures of cats! I always receive healing from my cat (laughs).

Your whisper at the intro of "YES" is very heart-fluttering. 

"When I made the song, I imagined wearing a tuxedo in a formal party while singing this song to my lover and proposed to her. I actually wanted to recite the intro with a groggy [waking-up-from-sleep] voice but it was really difficult. The recording of this song was the hardest."

For reference, how would you do your marriage proposal in reality?

"I'd simply say 'let's live together'. I will never sing a song (laughs)."



Source:
Scan: @timing_kei
Japanese - Korean translation: @jh_my

No comments:

Post a Comment