July 26, 2016

[TRANS] CanCam September Issue - Junho




My solo tour started right after 2PM's meaningful Arena Tour ended. It gave me a lot of pressure. Releasing mini albums every year is a hard thing to do. Especially last year, I kept worrying a lot about how I would make my concerts be or what kind of music I should make to be more acceptable for everyone. There was also a case in which I found a song I made not good enough that I ended up throwing it away. Through that, I managed to discover my music color. 

I think there is always a case for everyone in which they want to keep running but forced to stop due to facing their limit for some reasons. Thus, my new mini album "DSMN" contains my intention of wanting to keep running past my limit. The album also includes love songs, but the general theme is "getaway" or "longing for freedom". 

Out of all songs in the album, my fellow 2PM member, Jun. K, features for a track titled "HYPER feat. Jun. K". When I was making this track, I've wanted to do it with Jun. K so I asked him. He said yes right away and it was settled. Either way, I want to try all sorts of music genre. I have a lot of things I want to do (laughs). One of them is to direct my own music video. When I come up with some ideas for a song, I also thought about the music video and angles. If I ever had the chance, I would like to try expressing those ideas of mine through [music] videos.


Please tell us, Junho!
Track list of mini album "DSMN" and additional Q&A


1. "HYPER feat Jun. K" (A confident hip-hop dance track that contains the message, "Once I come, I will be the only one ruling this place.")

Q. What part of you that won't lose from everyone else?
A. My butt (laughs). In a Korean broadcast, I participated in a game of breaking chopsticks with butt and I made a new record with 32 chopsticks (laughs).


2. "DSMN" (A title track with the meaning of "Don't Stop Me Now")

Q. When do you dislike being disturbed by anyone?
A. I think it is when I'm concentrating on something, like when I play games or exercise? I hate it when I'm supposed to do 30 push-ups and someone talks to me at the 27th (laughs). Who among 2PM members would talk to you at such timing? (Junho directly answered) Jun. K! (laughs) He would ask me "What are you doing?" when he see by himself (laughs).


3. "Posion (On your mind)" (The song talks about poison, referring to the act of falling in a forbidden love.)

Q. What is something that you can never stop doing?
A. There are times when I can't go outside because the cats I raise are too cute. When I'm going to put my shoes on, they would wail through their really sad eyes at the door (cries). I really can't leave when I see them like that.


4. "YES" (A [marriage] proposal song vowing the future to his lover.)

Q. What is your ideal proposal?
A. I imagined something specific when I made this song. I imagined taking my lover to a formal party and telling her, "I have a song to sing for you", I would then go up on the stage and sing this song. I think singing can display the best of myself so I wish to propose like this if I can.


5. "Run to You" (A love song which contains the message of "I can come to you whenever you need any help.")

Q. What will you do when your lover needs your help?
A. I think it would be best to listen to her. On my part, when I'm hurt or pissed, I would want her to listen to me, empathizing with my story instead of noisily questioning me for reasons.



Source
Scans: @timing_kei
Japanese - Korean translation: @BluemallowHYPER

No comments:

Post a Comment