July 12, 2016

[TRANS] andGIRL August Issue - Junho







The theme of your new album is "getaway".

"Yearning for a break out of daily routine, a getaway and freedom is my motto these days. So, I chose "DSMN" as album title as it contains my feelings of not wanting to stop and tirelessly running forward. During the 3 minutes this song plays, nobody can stop me. This song contains my freedom."

"Last year's "SO GOOD" expressed a perfect summer image, however, I want to show a slightly different summer this time. As I continue striving forward, I've come to treasure the pace and the freshness out of it. I think the song came out really cheerful and upbeat. Despite the happiness of daily life, I believe everyone must have felt like running away from their boring daily routines sometimes. So, I made this song hoping that those who listen to it can at least feel a bit of freedom."

When do you feel free from your daily life?

"When I sing and dance! The moment I stand on the stage is very precious to me and concert is the only place and time I can feel free. After the concert ends, I return to my ordinary daily life (laughs)."

[Talking about boxing for his music video]

"It was not my first time doing boxing. Under the guidance of an action movie actor at the (shooting) location, I rehearsed several movements. I don't know whether or not being topless would excite the female (fans) but I did [for the shoot]. For that, I had to keep my body shape so I didn't eat since the morning of that day. The shoot on the boxing ring ran for a few hours. When the shoot ended, I was so hungry and my legs were shaking... It was really hard (laughs)."

Despite his packed schedule, Junho thought, "I can still do it!"

In your album, there are songs about forbidden love, [marriage] proposal, and a ballad song about farewell. Did these songs come from your personal experiences?

"(While feigning ignorance) Yeah? (laughs) Unfortunately, they are not simply related to my experience. Rather, they came from an inspiration from someone's love story or a dream. More than that, they came from a question of what kind of a person I should become based on what I've felt as I got older. My solo album is a way for me to express my current values or way of thinking so [when I make one] I tend to go deeper and ask myself what kind of a person I am or look back at my past more."

Junho said that as his expression turned serious from his usual thoughtful smile.

"The album production period overlapped with my drama filming and 2PM Arena Tour. In the physically limited time, I did everything simultaneously while thinking the result would come out even better. I didn't reach my limit at that time, though. So far, I've tested myself and passionately drove myself into work in order to find out my limit but I think I still can go further. When I feel like I wish to do better or have any regret, I want to put it ahead of me."

I see you've had your first unit song with Jun. K in your album.

"I've tried being in a unit with the other members in various different forms but I never done anything with Jun. K. As tour title was set to be "Hyper", I wanted to make a song that could lift the listeners' mood. At that time, I said to Jun. K, "Do you want to do it together? Help me." and he replied, "Okay! Let's do it!" right away. We easily decided on it."

Amidst of tour, Junho finds pleasure of trying each province's local food! He especially likes ice cream!

"My mind is full of thoughts regarding the tour! Every year, I look forward to summer because of my solo tour so I'm focusing on it now. But when I get off the stage, I enjoy eating the local food. My favorite is especially ice cream. In the three years in which I held my solo tours, I've had a lot of delicious ice cream [in the local provinces]. I think it will be the same for this year too (laughs). The milk ice cream I ate in Sapporo tasted really good!"

You said that you wanted to go to the beach with the other 2PM members when your solo tour ended. If you were to go with a woman?

"I want us to watch fireworks while drinking beer at the beach! I've never gone to see fireworks during the summer season so I think it would be great."

What if an older woman asked you out for a date?

"That'd be good. Because I'm a man!"

What part of you do you still consider young?

I always think that I am young. I realize that I'm still young when I throw a fit over small things (laughs). However, I'm not the young one among 2PM members. Instead, it is the two older members, Jun. K and Taecyeon. On the opposite, Wooyoung and Chansung are like the older members. Nichkhun is originally manly and hyung-like but the other two are naive/innocent like a kid is. Jun. K always says, "I'm young boy." Of course it is good to be naive/innocent (laughs).

What is the charm of older women?

"I think women over thirty years old have endless potentiality and charms. They are at the age in which they can blossom as a woman like a flower does, be the most feminine and beautiful. Please blossom into even more beautiful flowers while reading 'andGIRL'. Also, take care of your health. Please come to my concerts too♥"



Source
Scans @timing_kei
Japanese - Korean translation: @jh_my 1 2

No comments:

Post a Comment